Instead of posting something about the Top 5 Christmas Gifts it seems more appropriate to properly join in with forthcoming festivities by giving Santa Claus good reason to enjoy one of our best-selling products, the AeroPress. This Christmas Father Christmas can enjoy a good coffee during his rounds – perhaps it’ll even help him be a bit quicker!
Whilst we haven’t had any direct contact with any North Pole Elves or Kris Kringle himself, but everyone likes to relax after a hard day at the office, and considering he has his finest hour just once a year we’re certain Santa likes to enjoy a decent coffee after his quick round-the-world trip. I’ve got him down as a straightforward black coffee drinker. He has to be very well organised and manage quite a large team so coffee, for starters, does appear to be the drink of choice. This year he can put the Thermos away and take an Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker with him!
Why Does Santa Need An AeroPress?
1. Firstly, because he’s a man of taste. He’s exposed to all kinds of cultures, so it follows that he knows what’s good and what isn’t (or rather, what’s naughty and what’s nice). The AeroPress? It makes great coffee. You can grind your own beans or use pre-ground coffee. You can decide how strong you’d like it. As it makes espresso you can use it as the base for all kinds of coffee drinks.
2. Secondly, because it’s super-quick. Super-quick. Add coffee, add hot water, stir, press. Done. When your sleigh is powered by magic dust and some very determined Reindeers there isn’t much time between stops. There’s no time to loose, and you need to stay focused. Ever tried to squeeze down a chimney? It doesn’t look easy does it?Whether or not it’s possible to speed up the AeroPress with magic dust, we’re not sure*.
3. Santa is organised. The following equation reveals how organised he has to be.
[number of kids x number of presents x Miles between stops/Reindeer Speed= Santa’s Christmas Eve]
A lot of planning has gone into that, with little room for error. Everything must work and one way to keep things working is to clean them. The AeroPress is clean within seconds. Simply wipe off the puck of coffee after each drink. Then it’s good-to-go again. You can make coffee for a good number of people in a few minutes.
4. It’s a portable coffee maker. There’s no need to put some coffee in a flask when you can make a fresh one anywhere. There’s nothing really to maintain and it weighs quite a bit less than an Elf. It’s sturdy too, so won’t shatter. It’s also BPA free, meaning Santa will be able to keep going long into his later years (…)
5. Here’s the best part: The AeroPress holds the record for making coffee at high altitude. Is this a coincidence or was the AeroPress made by Santa?!
So there you have it, that’s why Santa Claus needs an AeroPress. Besides, all that Whiskey people leave out for him will only make him drowsy, and Santa’s got a lot to do!
* Anyone selling magic dust: please get in touch.